The holidays are here and hopefully you're able to spend time with your loved ones this year. We don't know about you, but as much as we love the holiday cheer, we also could use a little pick-me up. Enter Michael's Mocha Chip Cookies for Santa's Helpers.
This fun take on the classic chocolate chip cookie includes—you guessed it—coffee!
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar: If you don't have brown sugar, use a cup of sugar plus a tablespoon of molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of liquid coffee concentrate: I use Jot coffee, but any concentrate works. A shot of espresso also works
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips: you can use 1 cup of chocolate chips if you don't have white chocolate chips on hand